Monday, April 6, 2009

Is being single really that bad?

Disclaimer: I'm going to give you fair warning that I am not the best writer in the world. So if bad punctuation and grammar ticks you off..............Well too bad because there is bound to be some in here.


I love to read and I love reading blogs, but lately almost every blog I read seems to be about relationships. They are about how to get a guy/girl. They talk about how to keep your guy/girl.


My questions are:


When did life become so wrapped up in these things?
Why is that we always think that all we need to make us happy is a relationship?
Is being single really that bad?

Over the last few years there have been times when I have let the fact that I am still single depress me. I let things bother me that I shouldn't and it actually began to control my life. It took me a while, but now I realize that I am happy with my life. I am able to look back and I see where I have been able to accomplish and do things that I probably never would have done had I been married. I have gotten to know people that I probably never would have had a chance to know. I am beginning to see how being single has been a blessing. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean that I have given up on wanting a relationship? I still want a husband and children, It just means that I have come to terms with the hand that been dealt to me, and I am able to look back and I see where God has blessed my life in ways that only he and I understand.
Being single is not easy, but then again I don't believe that being in a relationship is all peaches and cream either. So why do we tend to dwell on these things? Why do we allow whether or not we are single control our lives? Personally, I can think of a lot of things that are far worse than being single.

No comments:

Post a Comment