Monday, April 13, 2009

Why I don't do snow sports!

Disclaimer: I'm going to give you fair warning that I am not the best writer in the world. So if bad punctuation and grammar ticks you off..............Well too bad because there is bound to be some in here. ;)


Its freezing outside, there are only three people here at the office (including me) and I'm bored. The snow and ice remind me of a blonde moment story from when I was about 16. Wellllllllll, its actually closer to being a story about how klutzy I am than it is a blonde moment.


My Mom had been staying in Spokane with Lisa (my sister) and Mike (her husband) for a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. So they decided that we would have it there instead of at home. By the time we got there they had about 6 inches of snow on the ground. That evening Lisa and Mike decided to take the me, Petie, and Mary sledding (we were using inner tubes though) in order to give Mom and Dad a chance to be alone. As we were leaving the last thing Mom said was "Be careful!"


The hill that we went to was pretty big. It had trees on both sides, but there was a clearing that was about the length of a football field. As we stood there waiting for our turn to go down Mike told us not to worry if our tube turned us around backwards because we were far enough away from the trees that we should be safe. Now being the cautious person that I am, I let everyone else go ahead of me so that I could be sure that they made it safely down the hill. Sure enough each person that went came back safely. Now it was my turn. I started of in the middle just like everyone else had. There I was shooting down the hill. The tube had turned me backwards, but I wasn't worried because I had seen everyone else do the same thing.. The cold breeze and snowflakes were hitting my face. I was having a blast. I was about half way down the hill I looked up and saw everyone is screaming and waving. I smiled and waved back. Then tube started to turned me back around, and that is when I saw it. I was heading straight into a HUGE tree. I quickly threw myself off the tube, but I just wasn't quick enough. My leg hit the tree. Mike ran (slipping and sliding) down the hill to me. He checked my leg and said that he didn't think it was broken, but it already swelling so I had probably sprained it pretty bad. Needless to say we all packed up and headed back to the house.


***This is probably when you are thinking that the story is over, BUT you would be wrong. ***


We got back to the house and I had to spend the rest of the evening laying on the couch with an icepack on my leg. Every time I went anywhere I either crawled or hopped. I was just thankful that I hadn't broke anything. Soon it was time for bed. Lisa and Mike lived in an old two story house. Mary and I were staying in one of the rooms upstairs. So had to literally I crawl up the stairs. Mary went right to sleep, but I stayed up reading for a while. There was window by the bed that had that old type of wooden window frames. Every now and then I would stop reading to look out the window. It was probably about 1 or 2 am when I noticed that it had started snowing again. So I did what any normal kid would do. I opened the window because I was planning on sticking my head out so that the snow would hit my face. I had just gotten the window open and I put my hands down to brace me. Before I could put my head out the window it slammed shut and locked. When it slammed shut if landed on my fingers. In fact I could see my fingers through the window. I started screaming my head off. I woke the entire house up. They all came racing into the room thinking that I was killing Mary. Mike had to push down on the window in order to get it open. It was EXTREMELY painful, but once again I lucked out and hadn't broken anything.


I ended up spending Thanksgiving sitting on the couch, leg propped up with an ice pack on it, and both hands sitting in bowls of ice. NOT fun! To this day I don't like doing snow sports.

3 comments:

  1. (LOL) I don't want to laugh, but I know you are laughing too as you typed this!

    Oh my @tiny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to laugh. I'm pretty sure that I was put on this earth to entertain people with my lack of coordination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL, t'was nice funny crazy blog. Two thumbs, nice grammar, you're the best, gurlll!

    ReplyDelete